Want to know Grocery Delivery App Development Cost?
We all are well familiar with the struggle of standing in long queues to pay for our items. And God forbids if we have to count the change while the line behind us seems to be pressuring us to count faster. Fortunately, grocery delivery mobile apps save us from all kinds of embarrassment and assist with a smooth grocery shopping experience.
The world today doesn’t move on its feet anymore, it moves in snaps of fingers. From booking cabs to ordering food, even window shopping has moved to online stores. People prefer the online mode much more and why wouldn’t they?
It’s more efficient, time-saving and if one is honest feels like giving something to themselves. The popularity has grown at such a rate that stats prove that around 25% of the people in the US prefer to shop their groceries from the apps.
The fanbase of these apps is increasing tremendously and it is expected to keep with time. It is believed that the demand will spur the market to reach the value of $133.8 billion worth. With the increase in demand for grocery delivery mobile apps, there is also an increase in grocery app development.
On demand app development companies from all over the globe have significantly shifted their focus to develop more and more grocery delivery mobile app development and here we are to learn all about it.
Why Must You Invest In A Grocery Delivery App Development Company?
- On one hand, when we witness low online spends, the other hand, the count of consumers who has attempted to try online grocery services is considerably higher.
- Geographically it is shown that South Korea is a leading believer of online grocery shopping solutions with about 20% of their consumers that invest their trust to shop with grocery app development regularly.
With the undeniable advancement of technology, the use of apps for various means has become a trend now. Online shoppers, be it of any category are increasing at a significant rate, so much so that their population has now become a community. People are adopting the idea of ordering things online and getting them delivered at their preferred time while sitting comfortably on their couch, rather than going to physical stores only to stand in a never-ending queue.
This in reality could be one of the most important reasons why people have started believing in grocery apps. The outcome of this situation has resulted in tech companies being interested in grocery app development and a reasonable increment in the number of grocery app development in India as well. The demand for grocery apps has increased now more than ever since the pandemic leashed lockdown in various states.
Also read: Best 10 Home Workout and Exercise Apps That You Should Try at Home
How does a Grocery Delivery App Work?
The process with which a grocery delivery mobile app works is pretty easy to understand. It showcases all categories of grocery items on the virtual store and for providing more ease it also comes with the advance of applying filters to make your grocery search easier.
What users have to do is simply search for their grocery item, locate it on their mobile screen and then add it to their cart for the final checkout. A decent number of apps also allow the users with the facility to select their preferred time of receiving the delivery.
Below mentioned are the detailed steps that cover how grocery delivery mobile apps works-
- The users sign into the apps by entering basic details.
- Once they have signed up, users can later log in to their accounts with Email IDs/Phone numbers and the password.
- In the app, users can search for the products that they need to purchase.
- The next step is to select the product and then add it to the cart.
- Before reaching the payment portal, users have to add the address where the items have to be delivered.
- The order is confirmed when the payment is made through available payment options.
- After the payment, the admin is given the order request.
- This request is then sent to the grocery store manager which he either accepts or declines, based on the availability.
- The admin sends the status of the order to the customer via a notification.
- The store manager manages the order which was initially requested by the consumer.
- After this, the admin is updated when the courier service is out with the order.
- The order is delivered to the customer.
- Courier Service notifies the admin along with the customer.
Types of Grocery Delivery Mobile Apps
Because of the sudden surge in grocery app development the competition in the market has become nail-biting. This is precisely why one should have a clear idea about the framework of the app that should be developed keeping in mind the business.
All of the resources, for example- operations and capital investment, are inversely proportional to the type of grocery app that you develop. If you too wish to develop a grocery app for your business you can consider any of the below-mentioned options. To put it plainly, grocery apps are of two kinds and these are-
#1. Aggregator Grocery Delivery Apps
If your plan includes fashioning a grocery delivery app that is based on the aggregator model then your prime requirement is to tie up with local grocery stores. This type of grocery app is preferred by people who own their very own grocery store or in better cases they have a chain of grocery stores. In this type of grocery app delivery app, users can choose from the stores that are listed in the app.
In such a case, the responsibilities that include fulfilment of orders and successful delivery lie in the hands of the store. You just have to work as a medium between the store and the consumers.
#2. Dedicated Grocery Delivery Apps
Dedicated grocery delivery apps consist of features that are very similar to the aggregator model. The only difference here is that you will have to manage the completion of the order.
In a much simpler definition, various grocery stores will register themselves on your platform and then showcase their products. You will be the one to hire a fleet of delivery services that will deliver the product to the consumer’s doorstep. Your duties will include smoothing the placement of all the orders and then delivering the products too.
Features you must include while working on a Grocery Delivery Mobile App Development
For the smooth functioning of any app, a top grocery delivery app developer ensures integrating a certain set of features that works on various sectors of the motive of the app development. When we talk about grocery delivery mobile app delivery these features include-
Grocery Mobile App Development- Features of the Customer’s Panel
- Registration: Any online shopping app development company should focus on the registration portal. For your app to be successful any grocery app developer must ensure that the users are able to register themselves easily.
- Browsing: Customers should be facilitated to be able to browse products from a wide range of grocery products.
- Advanced search: Users should be given the facility to use some filters which assist in making their grocery search quick and easy.
- Payment options: Customers should be given a plethora of options to complete their payments. In the case of grocery app development in India, users should be given options like Paytm, UPI, Gpay, Paypal etc.
- Scheduled delivery: For more efficient grocery delivery a good grocery delivery app developer understands that customers should be given the option to select a preferred time slot for delivery.
- Order tracking: Customers should be given real-time updates about their orders via SMS and emails.
Grocery Delivery App Development- Features of store owner panel
- Store Locator: The store owners should be given access to relocate their store on the map so that the consumers can check out the stores and order from most close ones.
- Store Pickup: Consumers should be given the option to pick up their order from the store in place of getting it delivered. This way will also promote the offline business of the grocery store.
- Management of profile: The store owner must be given complete access to manage the profile of their store, they should be able to modify or update little details such as Name, Email ID, Phone Number etc.
- Live Tracking: The store owners should also be given the facility with which they can track live tracking of the delivery service. This can be achieved by using the GPS of Google Maps.
Grocery Delivery App Development- Features on Admin
- Store Management: Admin has the power to manage each and every aspect of the store and the app from his fingertips.
- Tie-up with Store Owners: Admins and Store Owners coordinate together to process a smooth workflow.
- Management of Products: Admins have the authority to manage the list of products and also customize prices as per the market and store owner demands to generate revenue.
- Live Tracking: Admins watch all the activities of processing orders.
- Consumer Management: Admins should be given the facility to manage customers and provide them with what they need.
Advanced Features that developers keep in mind while Grocery Delivery App Development
Once the usual grocery delivery app features are formulated, you can add some advanced features which will make your app stand out from the others. Here are some suggested features which you can add to your app-
Push notifications are the notifications that appear on the screen when users are not on the app. These notifications show relevant and personalized content to the consumers.
Real-Time Tracking allows users to live track their order with help of a GPS. This means drivers deliver the goods within the provided time and the consumers are also aware of their order status.
Behavioral Tracking means tracking user’s responses on the app to deliver a better user experience. Such responses include last-ordered items, most searched products, the average time of shopping, etc.
These types of programs assist the creators to earn a fanbase. These can include programs like Redeemable Coins, Vouchers, Memberships, physical gifts or gift cards, non-tangible rewards, etc.
What does the Grocery Delivery App Development Cost?
Any kind of business greatly depends on the cost that you spend on various expenditures. In the case of Grocery Apps, the cost of developing grocery delivery mobile applications matters a lot as well. There are various factors on which the cost of grocery app development cost depends such as complexity of the app, grocery delivery app source code, etc, these factors are-
The eminence of a grocery app development company
A well-known and highly developed mobile app development company like TCS, Infosys, etc will charge more money to develop a grocery app when compared to the cost of development by companies who themselves are in the development phase.
The location of the grocery delivery app development company
The geolocation of the app development team will greatly affect the cost of the development of the app. Various located companies have different development costs.
Timeline and Size of the team
The time within which you require your app determines greatly the cost of development of your app. If you need your app ready within a very short period of time then obviously you will have to spend more. Furthermore, the more developers you hire for your team, the more you have to spend.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to develop a grocery delivery app?
Like we mentioned previously, there are various factors on which the cost of grocery app development depends such as- how complex the app is, location of the development company and size of the team. But if you talk about an average, developing a grocery delivery app may cost around $14,00 to $18,000.
How much time does it take to develop a grocery delivery app?
Just like the case of cost, there are various factors on which the time taken to develop a grocery app depends. These factors include- experience level of the developer, the functioning of the app, the complexity of the app. After the project is completed the company provides all documents such as- grocery delivery app source code. However, on an average the time taken to develop a grocery app takes around 550 to 700 hours.
How grocery delivery apps make money?
A grocery delivery app makes money in various ways such as generating commission, delivery fee, convenience charges, advertisements etc.
How to hire a good grocery delivery app development company?
You can employ a designer for the grocery delivery application via looking on Google, LinkedIn, Toptal, or Clutch. Yet, the most ideal route is to recruit a designer from presumed improvement firms like Mindinventory.